Friday, September 20, 2013

Journées du Patrimoine (Heritage Days)

This past weekend here in France was Patrimonie Day, Heritage day... day where we celebrate, uhhhh.... Our French Heritage (?)... I guess. Well, Elijah can fully celebrate being a little "frenchy" at least!
It's a special weekend when things not normally open to the public Palais de l'Elysèe (my apostrophe is wrong on that, but I don't know how to make it go the other way!), which is the equivalent to the White House. Other things like museums are also open... but when you have a 5 year old, 2 year old, and a 4 month old... you go to... NESTLE Factory!!!! I know my 3 little ones would not wait in a 3+ hour line to get to see the Presidental Palace. Maybe when they are older...? And, from what I gather, this weekend is the ONLY days of the year the factory is open! So... we went to enjoy and see behind closed doors...
I'll be honest, I was expecting Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I was disappointed that it was NOT that. I mean, who wouldn't be, right?!? Basically it's an OLD factory, no longer in use, but they have LOTS of free-be's inside. Ice cream, coffees, chocolate, and their other products as well. Who knew Nestle made other things besides chocolates! Here's some of the fun...

This is us walking up... notice the line down the left side of the pic! 
(Thankfully, it went fast!)

 Clever idea to have Nestle products being distributed outside while we waited. 
Coffee or hot chocolate, in a book bag!!! Amazing!

  Little Missy with her hot coco! 

Noah with his... cheers! He LOVES chocolate!

Cool old building that the dam runs under...

"I scream, you scream, we all scream..." (Really loudly) when it's 
FREE ICE CREAM!!!!

Ok, so Noah loves ice cream too! 

We also love our Knacki Hot dogs
(France's "Ball Park" hot dog!)

Part of the old chocolate factory!


And at the end, we all left with a goodie bag of chocolates... 
1,2,3... "Chocolate!" (Again, Noah= SUPER excited!)

Fun day, thankful to celebrate France! 


No comments: