Saturday, June 16, 2012

Hodge Podge...

We are finally coming to the end of our year long intensive study of french and our brains are tired! I have struggled a lot this year with not being able to do the "fun mom things" I enjoy. Like crafts, adventures, and other things with the kids. My heart goes out to full time working moms. I work, but it's different. Stay at home moms have a lot of work, for sure... but I have a new understanding of being "occupied with something else" other than my children and I missed it a lot this year.

With all that said, and glad I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel... this week I DID enjoy something super fun for Sadie's class. She had the "goĆ»ter" (in her context means: snack) for class. They had been reading Very Hungry Catepillar and had a butterfly in their classroom. So, I made these fruit snacks for her day for class. It was fun and I think a big hit for her class! 


In other areas of my life,  my growing boy truly believes in strong bones and even likes to drink out of the milk container!! I was thankful when Noah found this one, it was empty... but he's all boy for sure!!!

The other day we went to a local park with some friends. Sadie's friend only speaks French and Sadie still primarily English... I'm thankful friends can hold hands in any language.

No comments: