Sunday, December 18, 2011

Some of Our Christmas Crafts


I have mentioned before that I'm trying to be a crafty mom for my little treasures. Sadie LOVES projects and so I'm learning more ideas, things to use, and how to engage my children in the real meaning of Christmas. So... this year as my project portfolio grows, here are a few things we have done to get ready to celebrate the birth of Jesus!! Some are Christ centered (our goal...) and others are just ideas I found.

Here are my two little angels (and their coffee filter wings glued onto milk bottles)... all "blinged up" with stars and stickers!
The angel appeared (to the Shepherds) and the Glory of the Lord shown around them... Lk2:9
Fun ornament making... (thank you KG for your recipe)!!
1 C. applesauce + 1 C. cinnamon + 1 tsp. glue... roll out into 1/4 inch thickness... cookie cutters or trace hands. Cook on low temp or let dry for a week.


More ornament making... which is better to decorate, or eat the decorations? (These ornaments are cookies, thank you IKEA)

Christmas wreath made of my favorite little hands
Playing Nativity with play mobile figurines
Colored nativity glued onto a pizza cardboard circle
Face painting (at a friend's house)...


No comments: